Dear Progressives/Liberals: If you wish to remain friends with some of your conservative buddies, you need to calm the jets a bit. I’m shooting a few warning shots across the bow to keep you in line. Here goes…
1. Calling the NRA a cult is not cool. In fact, it’s just stupid. It is one of the oldest civil rights organizations in the USA. Yes, I said civil rights. Everyone has a right to be treated equally under the Bill of Rights. Law abiding gun owners have the right to be treated equally too. Stop calling it a cult. Nonsense.
2. Before you call for strict gun control, especially those of you who feel no one should have a gun, remember what happened in Nazi Germany. Exactly how do you think Mister Adolph was able to exterminate a segment of society, amazing people of God, innocent people? It started by banning the Jews from having guns and taking away the right to defend themselves. Think this would never happen here? Think again. You always need the ability to defend yourself and your family. That does not happen with a tree branch.
3. When I was a teen and young adult, I observed many protests and others publicly speaking out against America and the Vietnam War. Some of it sounded good, but I had just enough sense to know that I was not ‘grown-up’ enough to fully understand all sides of the issues, so I kept my mouth shut, paid attention, and waited until I matured to make my own decisions. Stop being so ‘proud of these kids’ speaking out about things they think they understand. Stop making them out as heros, while wearing communist symbols, flaunting bisexuality, and allowing themselves to be manipulated by progressive community organizers. I realize the kids watched their classmates get shot. I also saw my own dog get mortally attacked by a pit bull mix off leash last summer. Should I protest that no one should be allowed to own a dog? No pit bulls should be allowed in public? No dog should ever be off a leash. GET IT?????. Call for Congress to investigate the FBI and other agencies that ignored the obvious evidence that might have stopped Nicholas Cruz. Gun owners did not cause this tragedy.
4. The trump (pun intended) card played by opposers is to insult the Evangelical position. “Evangelicals are cult members”. “How can you like Trump when he talks about women so crudely, has an affairs, has been married three times “…..on and on and on it goes. Blows my mind that everything people think they don’t like, automatically becomes a cult. I’m not too fond of Mister Pope in Rome, but I don’t criticize my Catholic pals over him. Infuriates me that the Trump-haters think someone can only vote for a perfect, sinless person for POTUS. Ever heard of JFK, LBJ, FDR and other unfaithful, sinful men? Here’s a news flash: we ALL fall short of the glory of God. I did what every voter did: voted for the person I felt would do the best job for America.
5. Ya want to “March for Our Lives”? Why not instead March for Life: the life of the unborn! Protect the rights of the unborn! If you’re so worried about protecting your life…….give your heart and soul to Christ, he will save you and give you eternal life! After that, apply for a handgun permit.
Whatever your position…I implore you to remain polite, civilized, and never, ever forget the principles our country was founded on…..and never give up your individual rights and freedoms. NEVER. If not, your ship may sink to the deep end.